Saturday, May 21, 2011

welcome to a new kind of tension

American Idiot

Anyone who knows me knows that I am an avid fan of Broadway musicals, and an even more avid fan of rock music, especially Green Day.
When I went to New York, naturally, I went to see their musical American Idiot.
I saw it closing weekend while BILLE JOE ARMSTRONG (the lead singer of Green Day, in case you didn't know) was playing the role of St. Jimmy.



The show was at the St. James Theater (fitting right?)
The entire atmosphere, with the fans, and Phantom playing across the street, was amazing.


Oh, yes.  Before the show, there was a mariachi band playing outside.
Why?  Because they can.



Inside the theater, messages to Green Day and the cast.


Though, thanks to the efforts of the NYPD, I did not get to meet Billie Joe, I had an amazing time at the show.
The music, set, lighting, and everything about it were amazing-above all expectation.
It is really a fantastic show for both Green Day fans, and otherwise.
I definitely suggest checking it out if it comes to a town near you.







No comments:

Post a Comment