Friday, October 8, 2010

Lock the door that lets the future in.

I wish I could remember when I was four.
Normally, I don't think or talk about stuff like this, but I have been reminded recently how beautiful childhood is.
I feel like I ran through it too fast, I want to go back and convince myself to stay a child longer, instead of forcing myself to grow up way too fast.



Isabella just turned four.
She's my niece.
I don't want her to ever grow up.
I don't ever want her to have to see or experience what my sister and myself have.
More than anything, I want her to stay in this stage where she forgives easily, everything is beautiful, and the world is hers.
This is a completely ignorant wish.
Growing up is part of life, yes.  But I wish the world was still innocent like it is to a child. 


Isabella and I at her birthday party.
We were fairies.

 

I think a fairy is the ultimate symbol of childhood.
Free, small, unrestrained.


There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.

  Follow my blog with bloglovin



No comments:

Post a Comment